Barbeque KC Restaurant Reviews

Please subscribe to this blog site to receive all new barbeque restaurant reviews.

If you're looking for a review of a particular restaurant, use the search bar in the upper right corner of this page OR scan the list of all reviews at the very bottom of this page.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pork N Pit BBQ

Out on the far east corner of the KC BBQ debris field sits a humble little concrete block building dishing out some very, very good Q.   PNP's small interior is white, bright, and clean.  In late January, festive Valentine decorations anticipated lovers - barbeque and otherwise.  A lousy boombox on the kitchen side of the wall bathes seven tables with fuzzy 90s FM rock.  PNP is Ma & Pa behind the counter.

PNP lines up the usual Q suspects: ribs, pulled pork, burnt ends, brisket, ham, turkey, chicken wings, beef sausage, as well as fried catfish.  Sides are beans, slaw, potato salad and hand cut curly fries.

Stopped by for a Monday lunch.  I ordered a brisket + sausage sandwich with fries and soda.  Pa brought out the fries first.  I thought I was at the carnival midway when I saw the size of this "side".  Idaho's greatest tuber was staring me in the face.  Moments later, a large hoagie bun stuffed with brisket and floating large red sausage chunks on top arrived at my table.  Pa admitted the sausage was from Sysco.  It was fine ground and a tad spongy, but quite tasty.  The brisket looked chopped, but no, it was sliced and so dadgum tender it crumbled when the sandwich was made up.  Excellent smoke and taste.  I used the hot sauce exclusively and enjoyed every thrilling bite.

My professional assessment (based on my scoring standards):
Brisket... Taste: 8 Tenderness: 9 Appearance: 8 = Overall: 8.4
Sausage Taste: 7 Tenderness: 9 Appearance: 8 = Overall: 8

This large combo sandwich is my standard lunch order and I never see it for under $10 (usually because fries are extra).  This was no special either, just the standard menu price, with tax, totaling $8.88.  $8.88!! I dare another BBQ joint to beat that.  (Really, please try.)  Use better better sasauge and PNP earns that last proud piggie.

As it stands, Pork N Pit BBQ gets FOUR well-deserved piggies.
  
site: no company website, here’s the UrbanSpoon reviews