Barbeque KC Restaurant Reviews

Please subscribe to this blog site to receive all new barbeque restaurant reviews.

If you're looking for a review of a particular restaurant, use the search bar in the upper right corner of this page OR scan the list of all reviews at the very bottom of this page.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Benny’s Bar-B-Q

Had a better than expected experience on my first visit to Benny’s.  I ordered The Hog sammich (shoulda gone with the Long Horn at most).  This monster of a sandwich was all brisket (no sausage on the menu) – two generous stacks of beef fenced in with three slices of Wonder Bread.  This brisket was tender and smoky with a nice black bark.  Paid almost $15 for sandwich, side, and soda - way too much.  Benny’s apparently has daily combo specials. (I heard the locals asking about them, but they’re not promoted in any way to “fer’ners”.)

My professional assessment (based on my scoring standards):
Brisket... Taste: 8 Tenderness: 8 Appearance: 8 = Overall: 8

Based on the quality of the brisket, I’d hazard another visit.
Benny’s gets THREE piggies (the pricing and presentation cost an oinker)

site: http://bennysbarbqkc.com/